This is one of the nicest casual style, but still functional riding jackets you’ll find. It looks like a high-end soft shell casual jacket, but also works on the bike flawlessly. And it has a killer 2-in-1 liner jacket option for really cold days, and without the liner handles cool and mild days perfectly. The way you use the liner is to put the inner jacket on like you would a light casual jacket/sweatshirt. Wear it like just another layer of your casual clothing. Then when you are ready to ride, put the armored jacket/outshell on over it. You can secure the inner jacket to the outer at the collarbone attachment points if you want. And when you are on the bike, the main jacket has low profile, but CE certified elbow and shoulder armor, a back pad that can be upgraded if desired, zippered vents in the armpits, and a removable hood.
- Windstop elastic soft shell outer construction – FEELS GREAT!
- Removable, separately wearable, high quality inner jacket – extremely sharp, faux fur/long fleece trim on collar interior
- Removable and adjustable RS TAICHI low profile CE approved armor in shoulders, elbows and PE vented foam padding on back for inconspicuous protection
- Reflective print on front and back, back of arms, etc.
- CPS(Chest Protector System) snaps for adding one of Taichi’s optional chest protectors
- Fast removal system on hood if you want it off while riding, plus pull-cords on hood and waist to handle all types of weather
- Hand warmer pockets on front, and exterior breast storage pocket
- Mildly water resistant with the aid of Teflon HT coating – not for hard rain, but fine for misty/damp and repels dirt/mud better
Like most Taichi textile jackets, the Soft Shell runs at least one size tighter than marked. If you normally wear WM, order a WL.