It was thought that the award winning Sidi Vertigo Corsa boot was the pinnacle of sport boot technology. Until today that is, as Sidi is proud to introduce the next step in the evolutionary chain: The “Vortice”. (Pronounced: Vor-Tee-Che).
- The Sidi Vortice is constructed of Lorica Lorica is a composite micro fiber material created from strands that are so fine, each one is less than one thousandth the thickness of silk. When injected with special resins, these fibers act like natural leather skin, but with the addition of better strength, softer texture, lighter weight and better moisture protection. Lorica is also highly resistant to abrasion yet it still breathes with more than three million pores per square centimeter. Easy to maintain, Lorica doesn’t stain and can’t be scratched and offers reduced weight, more flexibility and more feel than leather racing boots
- The Sidi Vortice is lined with Teflon vented mesh, Teflon is a special treatment to protect textiles. This fabric protection process prevents water or sweat from being absorbed. The boot dries quickly and does not form mold
- The lining in the toe area is in Cambrelle a soft yet strong lining. Sidi goes to trouble and expense of creating a multiple liner boot system in its racing boots
- Sidi has added a small elastic panel to aid in a smooth zipper operation as it allows a bit of movement via the elastic as the zipper passes over the rider’s ankle ballThe rear upper part of the boot is made up of the following mechanisms: TECNO CALF TENSIONER, TECNO SHIN TENSIONER and ANKLE SUPPORT SYSTEM. This group of features ensures a precise fit and maximum protection.
- The Techno Calf Tensioner Mechanism adjusts the leg circumference. Placed in the back of the boots upper, it works through a nylon wire that hooks directly to the shin plate. The TECNO CALF TENSIONER is replaceable and it’s available in different sizes to fit around various sizes of calf muscles
- The Techno Shin Tensioner Mechanism helps the TECNO CALF TENSIONER close the leg upper on the front part of the boot. The two lateral nylon braces join the ankle joint with two screws that are protected by nylon caps. This system is reinforced with fiberglass, supports the ankle and is easy to replace. This system allows excellent flex movement front-to-back while being firm side-to-side
- Air Ventilation System: a third brace is positioned on the outer-lower part of the boot and features an air intake that can be operated by an aerodynamic shaped button
- Techno Instep Tensioner: The Vortice features an additional fastening system on the front part of the foot, on the instep. It consists of a wrap-around fascia which can be precision adjusted by the TECNO INSTEP TENSIONER mechanism that was proved critical in rider safety by the previous model, the Sidi Vertigo Corsa
- Shock Absorbing Heel Cup: a polyurethane shell holds a shock absorbing insert, visible from the outside through 4 small slits that mark out the look of the heel. The shell is mobile as it’s fixed to the boot by 2 screws that allow 3 mm of impact movement
- Shin Plate: made in nylon and it is inserted on a polyurethane frontal support. Both parts are replaceable
- The Vortice Toe Slider: made in nylon reinforced with fiberglass. It is fitted with a new air intake and an innovative alloy insert. All pieces are replaceable
- The ALL NEW Racing SRS Sole: is constructed of a polyurethane and rubber blend. It features a removable insert in front of the arch area where much wear and tear normally occurs due to sharp metal brake pedals and shift levers. Another patented-exclusive Sidi feature!
- The gear change pad is molded of DuPont Techno-polymers which ensure that the plastics qualities will not change in high or low temperatures
- The composite inner sole of the Vortice resists side-to-side compression offering greater protection compared to the leather inner soles that many of Sidi’s competitors use
- Replaceable TPU heel plate slider and integrated side insert give highly effective impact protection and reduce friction in the event of a fall
- The insole features a removable arch which will never lose its dynamic characteristics, even after months of intense use; it’s water resistant and is designed to withstand high footpeg pressures
- All parts of the boot can be replaced