- 26″ length Café Racer leather jacket
- Full Aniline, drum dyed, hand cut, drummed cowhide leather
- Durable nickel plated brass hardware
- Cafe Racer style “mandarin” collar with snap closure
- Custom embossed “Schott” snap faces
- Vintage style open zippered sleeve cuffs with wind flaps
- Three outside zippered pockets with chain pulls
- Leather trimmed inside breast pocket
- 100% cotton plaid lining
- U.S.A.Leather Type, Fit and Construction:Model 530 leather jackets for men are made with chrome-tanned, drum dyed, plump & spongy hides. You will find this jacket to be very comfortable to wear the moment you first try it on! This leather is made with an oil and aniline finish that gives a rustic old look and a soft “hand”. As with all of Schott’s high quality leathers, this medium weight cowhide is tanned and processed to provide many years of use without the need for treatments or conditioners.Motorcycle jackets need to be as tough as the people wearing them. You will enjoy the benefits of both stain resistance and added protection while riding on your classic motorbike or kicking back with friends at the local pub. Nickel plated brass hardware complete this timeless American made classic that is built to last.
As with all our leather jackets, Schott only uses the best, highest quality leather available. In the same tradition used in the 50’s, highly skilled workers hand-cut each panel for the Model 530. In keeping with their original custom style, Schott designed this jacket to fit tighter than most for that classic bold and streamlined look. Offered in sizes XS to 4XL we suggest you carefully check our sizing diagrams and measurements to determine best fit. Also please note that the absence of underarm footballs combined with Schott’s tighter cut arms make this a slim fitting jacket.The Schott Model 530 is proudly made in the USA. Our customers know that the quality and construction of our jackets are unparalleled. From the heavyweight thread we use to the strong American hands that do the crafting. We build our leather motorcycle jackets to the same indestructible standards as the old style leather medicine balls. One-hundred plus years of being the best is your assurance that Schott Brothers stands behind every jacket we make.History:
The Cafe Racer leather jacket design that became mainstream in the 1960’s was developed in England. As soldiers were returning home after WWII they caught the bug of souping up older, prewar motorbikes. These motorcycles were raced between local pubs and cafes which created the need for a streamlined, minimalist leather racing jacket. Traveling at times in excess of 100 MPH was a fairly dangerous proposition on the roads that were more like trails at the time. Heavy horsehide and of course a strong main zipper added a certain level of protection for these speed happy daredevils. One would imagine there were wagers made and records set during these early cafe racing days.
Schott Brothers has produced a café racer leather motorcycle jacket since we produced model 666 RS for Beck in 1956. It was called a “Leather Racing Shirt” and cost $28.95 at the time. Schott also marketed our own racing jacket as the model 641XX. In the early days these leather jackets had symmetrical zippered pockets on the chest, an adjustable snap collar strap and zippered sleeve cuffs. As they were worn and abused many examples found today are missing any signs of the original inside linings.
Rooted in tradition, the Schott Model 530 continues this cafe racer style from the 50’s. Based on early racer designs the 530 has changed a bit but the overall concept remains the same. Design a tight fitting, no frills mens leather jacket with a cool, refined look. We feel our Café Racer’s accomplished this and make a profound statement. Schott continues production of the classic Café Racer motorcycle jacket style, as always, right here in the U.S.A.