The RSJ317 Crew Mesh Jacket is Taichi’s lightest weight, highest airflow summer jacket. It is lighter than some highly safety-minded people want, considering the 100% mesh construction and lightweight armor. But for others who want something fairly minimal for around town or for when it’s really too hot for anything else, this is the answer. And you can always order the CE-approved upgrade armor if you like this clean style and lightweight outer shell, but with beefed up protection. Riders of all types seem to like this jacket, even cruiser, touring, and scooter folks. It’s simple and easy to wear. But at a low price, and when the mercury is pushing triple digits, it make a fine choice for many riders.
- Maximum airflow, lightest weight mesh for extreme hot weather use
- Primarily Polyester Mesh with Nylon on shoulders and trim
- Removable and adjustable light weight armor (non-CE) on shoulders, elbows and PU vented foam padding on back
- All armor easily upgradable if desired – standard CE certified elbow and shoulder armor, like that which comes in most of the other Taichi textile jackets, is available for a $20 upcharge and will be installed in your jacket prior to shipping. You will also receive the non-CE lightweight armor that came with your Crew Mesh jacket as stock in your shipment in case you would like to switch it back in. Back armor upgrades like the TRV044 and chest armor inserts like the TRV037 are available separately.
- Waist snaps, forearm and wrist cuff velcro adjusters for optimal fit
- CPS (Chest Protector System) snap-ins for adding an optional Taichi chest protector (separate purchase)
- Zippered hand pockets and inside pocket for storage
Note: There are two versions of this jacket RSJ317 and RSJ311. They are visually and functionally identical. Taichi only changed part numbers due to minor supplier/component differences.