• Comprehensive inflatable upper body protection for back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen.
• Electronic sensors are securely and unobtrusively incorporated within the system’s chassis, ( in the shoulder area ), meaning the vest is completely self-contained and allows it to be worn interchangeably between compatible jackets.
• Constructed from a strong and durable mesh main shell with stretch poly-fabric on shoulders and torso for a compact and secure fit that is close to the rider’s body while allowing complete freedom of movement.
• Incorporates removable inner mesh and elastic Velcro® waistband to position airbag system to customize fit and improve adjustability.
• Full internal back linning constructed from 3D mesh for optimized levels of ventilation and breathability.
• The Airbag Control Unit ( ACU ) fo Tech-Air® is incorporated with a strong, lightweight polymer back protector, which features an ergonomic plate construction for structural strength and a fit to follow the natural contours of the back.
• Tech-Air® ACU is seal-protected within vest to ensure the all-weather performance and the vest and componentry are certified to function between -10⁰C and 50⁰C.
• Tech-Air® ACU includes two connector cables allowing the rider to quickly and easily connect to the outer jacket.
ACU has been homologated to ECE R10 04 which ensures the electromagnetic integrity and stability of the unit.• Tech-Air® uses an integrated, certified lithium ion battery, with a battery life of 25 hours and a recharge time of approximately 6 hours. Micro USB charger allows convenient recharging of system, with one hour of charging time giving four hours of riding coverage.
• Color coded front YKK zippers allow for vest to be easily and securely attached to outer jacket.
• Argon inflator cartridges are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard, meaning that they will only fire if commanded by the electronic unit. It also certifies that the cartridges can be safely handled, assembled and transported.
• System’s firmware is upgradable and external service record will be managed by a custom-made data portal.
• Tech-Air® is Category II CE Certified to the 686/89/EEC European PPE Directive, using a version of EN1621-4:2013, which guarantees impact protection performance from within 25 milliseconds to 5 seconds of full pressure inflation.