Alpinestars Tech-Air 5 System
Tech-Air 5 is self-contained airbag vest slim enough to be worn under virtually any jacket. It offers the most comprehensive coverage of any motorcycling airbag available today – covering the rider’s shoulders, chest, ribs and full back.
The Tech-Air 5 features six integrated sensors (3 gyroscopes and 3 accelerometers) to determine when and how the system deploys. The airbag has a maximum inflation time of up to 40ms (or less, depending on vest size). Compared to passive protectors, impact forces are reduced up to 95%. Inflation time is rapid enough to full inflate the air chambers before the rider impacts an obstacle. The vest will also protect stopped riders in the event of a rear-end collision.
Battery life good for 30 hours of riding time on a single charge, and a handy LED display conveniently shows system status directly on the garment. The Tech-Air App can pair via Bluetooth to the vest. Using the rider’s phone, the app displays the vest’s operational and battery status and can provide detailed analysis of a ride. Over-the-air firmware updates are also handled through the app. Alpinestars includes a micro USB charger for quick recharging.
- Active electronic system that features six triaxial integrated sensors (3 gyroscopes and 3 accelerometers)
- Crash algorithm that leverages AI to accurately monitor when to deploy the airbag in the event of a crash
- 30 hours of riding time after a full charge via micro USB charger
- Bluetooth and App integration
- Covers shoulders, chest, ribs and full back
- Maximum inflation time of 20-40ms based on the volume of the airbag size
- Decreases impact force by 95% compared to a passive protector
- Includes argon gas canisters
- Highly ventilated back protector
- Zip up vest and close magnetic flap
- Integrated LED display indicates operational status
Note: The Tech-Air 5 Vest is designed to be worn under any properly fitting textile jacket, keeping in mind that the jacket must be large enough to accommodate the expansion of the airbag in the event of a crash. For textile jackets, riders need 4cm of additional space around the circumference of the body. Riders who wish to wear a leather jacket that is not Tech-Air compatible must be sure that the leather jacket has an additional 4cm of space around the circumference of the entire body. Riders can also pair the Tech-Air 5 Airbag Vest with any Alpinestars Tech-Air compatible jacket that features airbag expansion panels.
|Size||Chest (cm)||Waist (cm)||Hip (cm)||Arm (cm)||Height (cm)|